HTC One X smartphone to launch on AT&T
Barcelona, Spain: HTC joined AT&T at Mobile World Congress (MWC) here to launch the HTC One X smartphone on Sunday. It will run Android 4.0 and work over the carrier’s 4G LTE network.
HTC’s announcement from a downtown sports arena was one of the first of what is expected to be a flurry of powerful new smartphones unveiled at this week’s MWC, although many won’t appear on U.S. carriers, at least initially. AT&T said only that the One X will appear in “coming months.”
AT&T called the One X an “entertainment superphone,” citing its Android 4.0 OS, LTE access and new imaging and audio features. Beats Audio will be built into the device and the latest interface, Sense 4, will run what’s called ImageSense, which adds software that can improve the phone’s 8-megapixel HD camera. It appears the phone only includes a single camera, unlike many smartphones that now offer two cameras to assist video chat.
Furthering the entertainment focus of the device, AT&T and HTC noted the One X has a 4.7-in. touchscreen with 720p HD video-playback capabilities. A wireless HDMI adapter, sold separately, can be used to show content on a larger screen.
The One X runs a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor designed to be 30% more power efficient than earlier chips. It has an 1800 mAh embedded battery, a capacity that is fairly typical in today’s smartphones.
More @ MWC 2012 :
- Lava Launches XOLO Brand, Bringing Best of Intel Computing to Mobile Users in India
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
- Android 5.0 could come in fall
- HTC kick starts HTC One Series with HTC One and HTC One X
- Asus Announces The Padfone, 3 at once.
- Intel presents new Smartphone Chips in partnership with ZTE
- Skype in arrives in beta version for Windows Phones.
- ZTE unveils low-end Windows smartphone
- Samsung Launches Low-Cost Android 4.0 Tablets with Bigger Screen.
- Nokia 808 PureView Ushers in a Revolution in Smartphone Imaging.
- Nokia also launches low-end Windows phone.
- The Xperia NXT Series Get +2 in there Family with the launch of Xperia P and Xperia U
- Long Term Evolution (LTE) for Quad-core Smartphones
- LG launches Optimus 4X HD with quad-core processor
- Samsung with Samsung Beam, the Projector Phone.
- 3G, 4G, WiFi Coming Together.